Rizogalo (Greek Rice Pudding)
Greek rice pudding is simple, comforting, and delicious. Best enjoyed cold - if you can wait that long!
1. Bring water and rice to a boil in a saucepan. Immediately reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer uncovered very slowly, stirring occasionally, until most of the water has been absorbed and rice is soft, about 30 minutes.
2. Pour 2 cups milk and sugar into the saucepan and increase heat to high.
3. Meanwhile, stir together 1/2 cup milk and corn starch in a bowl.
4. Once rice-milk mixture is boiling, add corn starch mixture and vanilla extract. Stir until well combined. Remove from heat.
5. Ladle rice pudding into individual serving dishes and sprinkle with cinnamon. Allow to cool to room temperature. Refrigerate until well chilled, at least 4 hours.
2 cups water
½ cup uncooked short-grain white rice
2 cups whole milk
4 tablespoons white sugar
½ cup whole milk
4 tablespoons corn starch
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon, or more to taste