Mutabbal (eggplant dip)
Mutabbal is a very popular Middle Eastern dip-like dish. It’s a very simple recipe and it’s usually served as one of the starter dishes in the Arabic Mezza.
1. Roast the eggplant by poking a few holes in it with a knife, then wrap it with aluminum foil and place it in a preheated oven at 220 degrees for 20 minutes.
2. Allow the eggplant to cool, then peel off the skin and mash
3. Add the garlic, salt, tahini and lemon juice and mix well
4. Add the yogurt and mix well
5. optionally garnish with fresh or dried mint and a drizzle of olive oil
1 large eggplant
1 clove garlic minced
2 tablespoons tahini (sesame paste)
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon yogurt