A popular cake in Kuwait
1. Preheat oven to 180’c. Grease a rectangle oven tray and line with baking paper.
2. Using stand mixer, beat eggs with sugar until smooth and creamy and drizzle slowly the oil and mix about 3 minutes.
3. Sift the dry ingredients and add to the creamed mixture.
4. Finally Add anise and mix all together.
5. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
6. Bake for 30 min in preheat oven.
7. Once is cooked leave it to cool for few minutes and then cut the cake in rectangle shape and lay it on oven tray and toasted for another 30 min on 180’c .
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup oil
3 TBSP anise
Pinch of zafron
2 tsp baking powder