1. Combine the flour with the yeast, sugar and cardamon in a mixing bowl.
2. Combine the butter and milk in a saucepan and heat to 70 to 80 degrees F.
3. Add the combined flour mixture to the saucepan and mix well.
4. Mix in the eggs.
5. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place for 60 minutes or until double in bulk
6. Heat an æbleskiver pan over low to medium (300 degrees F) heat.
7. Add a small of shortening on the tip of knife to each cup on the æbleskiver pan.
8. Spoon the dough into the cups 4/5 full.
9. Cook until the bottoms begin to brown and push one-fourth of the doughnut up to begin to brown the op.
10. Repeat the process, then turn the dough completely over to form a ball and cook until golden brown all over.
11. Remover to a serving plate and sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.
12. Serve with raspberry jam, applesauce and sugar to dip the donuts in to.
1 3/4 cup of bread flour
2 teaspoons of instant dry yeast
1/2 cup of granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon of ground cardamon
1/4 cup of butter (1/2 a stick)
1 cup of milk
An æbleskiver pan